Wednesday, November 21, 2012

11 Nov 2012- SG TO HK TO S KOREA

11 November 2012

We are now at Hong Kong international airport and trying our best to catch some sleep, halfway during transit.

It's my first time doing transit and i got to say, it seems like a wrong choice to be wasting like 4 hours here doing nothing. Also the flight(s) added up together, was also longer than the direct flight to Incheon airport.

It's also my first time trying to sleep in the middle of an airport, and gosh, not a pleasant experience.  We chose an empty space in the middle of the travellators. The lights overhead, the sounds of the travellers and tourists dragging their luggages against the escalator floors, and the worst of them all, the repeated, monotonous voice of the lady saying, 'please watch your step', every single time somebody walked onto that travellator. 

I'm sure I wouldn't mind if I just heard it once or twice when I am walking on tht travellator. In fact I would think its such a lovely and kind reminder. But listening to it hundreds of times as I tried to sleep, my current thought, 'bloody hell, I'm sure people can see their way!'

Outside the glass window, the Hong Kong sky is nicely lighting up, greyish skies with rays giving it a subtle glow. I haven't see mornings for a really long time.

Going to go have some Hong Kong style breakfast now. 
Signing off now.

No comments: